Together to EU Funds
Project “Investment in the development of natural fiber and biopolymer composites of the Kelteks company”
“The project is co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund implemented as part of the Operational Programme Competitiveness and Cohesion 2014–2020”
Project beneficiary: Kelteks d.o.o.; OIB (personal identification number): 41431665528, Dr. Slavka Rozgaja 3, 47 000 Karlovac
- Motoplastika MAC d.o.o. for production and trade
- Ruđer Bošković Institute
Short project description
The company Kelteks d.o.o., the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, and the Croatian Agency for SMEs, Innovations and Investments (Hamag Bicro) have signed the Grant Agreement No. KK.01.2.1.02.0151 for the implementation of the project Investment in the development of natural fiber and biopolymer composites of the Kelteks company.
This project involves the development of composites from natural fibers combined with biopolymer. With linen as the main component, polypropylene yarn would also be used as the connecting thread in the warp system. Project partners who will contribute to effective cooperation are the Ruđer Bošković Institute and Motoplastika MAC d.o.o.
Project implementation period
- The project shall be implemented from 1 August 2020 to 1 August 2023.
General project objective
- The general objective of the project is to support the development of new products, services, technologies, and improvement of business processes through increased investment into research, development and innovation, strengthening the research and development capacity of the company, and cooperation with scientific research institutions.
Project purpose (specific objectives)
- Increase and intensify research and development activities of the company Kelteks d.o.o.
- Expand the scope of cooperation between the company Kelteks d.o.o. and an organization for research and knowledge dissemination, that is, between the private and scientific research sectors
- Research and development of the Kelteks company aimed at the development of a new product generation in an S3 area which is a market innovation
- Increase competitiveness and sustainable growth and development of the company Kelteks d.o.o.
Expected project results
- Successful selection and implementation of suitable technologies and technological processes for composite development and successful research of the procurement market to ensure availability of suppliers and existing standards to ensure that the innovation is developed in accordance with those standards.
- Successful laboratory testing of the developed innovative composite samples and preparation of corresponding documentation in cooperation with the selected project partners
- Successful validation of obtained innovation specifications using tests in an operating environment
- Successful conferences and publication of scientific papers
- Filed trademark registration application and patent registration application
- Successful independent audit of the project
- Full compliance with communication and visibility requirements which the beneficiary and partner has to ensure under the Agreement
- Successful implementation of the project, properly completed administrative tasks without delays in the implementation with efficient use of human, time and financial resources
- Total project value: HRK 26,832,845.98
- Total eligible costs: HRK 25,832,845.98
- Amount co-financed by the European Union: HRK 11,714,388.53