kelteks CSM Emulsion most established reinforcement in composites
kelteks CSM Emulsion
CSM Emulsion is made of randomly oriented chopped glass strands bonded together in mat form using an emulsion binder.
The emulsion binder uniquely bonds the mat so that it conforms rapidly to highly contoured molds. It is a porous, well bonded mat which maintains its integrity during the impregnation process and provides a uniform wet-through rate.
advantages & characteristics
- Excellent impregnation properties
- Quick wetting with rapid air release maximizes holding productivity and reduces resin demand, thereby reducing costs
- Excellent conformability
- The ease of handling and ability to conform rapidly to complex molds helps in making high quality parts with ease
- Good mechanical properties
- Good bonding with low resin
- Standard weight (g/m2): 225,300,450,600
- Standard width (cm): 125
- Additional weights and widths may be available upon request
CSM is a reinforcement for use with unsaturated polyester resins in the hand lay-up process.
- auto parts
- chemical tanks
- swimming pools