kelteks Edge Protector
REAL PROFESSIONALS DON'T MAKE WEAK PARTS... WHY WOULD YOU?
kelteks Edge Protector
kelteks Edge Protector is the NEW solution for the perfect corner reinforcement. Fluffy and cuddly fibers are easily squeezed into sharp-edged joints and corners so stress-cracking and laminate chipping is effectively prevented.
Real professionals don’t make weak parts… Why would you???
Check it out on youtube
advantages & characteristics
What is the problem?
- There is always the problem that not enough glass ﬁbers go into the sharp corners or edges with a small radius.
- A glass ﬁber mat usually would not stretch into the corner resulting in a “resin-nest” (too much resin) that is not reinforced with ﬁbers. Sometimes air bubbles get trapped in there. These little voids are defects and weak spots, weakening the structural strength of your composite. After un-moulding this unreinforced corner is very sensitive to break because there are no ﬁbers inside (resin excess). The result is “stress cracking” and that almost always happens in radiuses of corners and edges.
- Products that are on the market are very hard and stiﬀ and will not be squeezed into the corner unless they are really precisely placed.
That’s how kelteks EDGE PROTECTOR works:
- The structure of the kelteks Edge Protector is ﬂuﬀy and cuddly and is available in diﬀerent thicknesses. It can be easily moulded and, as an insert in the preform, it adapts well to any contour. Fluffy and cuddly fibers are easily squeezed into the sharp-edged joints and corners. Check it out on youtube!
- Sharp-edged joints and corners in critical component areas are thus reliably ﬁlled with ﬁbers and laminate chipping is eﬀectively prevented.
- kelteks Edge Protector is suitable for all processes of composites making, such as hand lamination, vacuum infusion, pultrusion, etc.
- The transversely aligned entanglement ﬁbers ensure a perfect bond to the overlying laminate layers.
- kelteks Edge Protector is compatible with epoxy (EP), polyester (UP), and vinyl ester (VE) resin.
- Made from high-quality carbon or glass fibers.
- Available in different diameters/thicknesses and lengths on a roll.
- Specially designed box for easy handling.
We often get asked about technical dimensions (like diameter, thickness…) of our kelteks Edge Protector, but the very fluffy and flexible nature of our product makes it difficult to be precise. And actually we want it that way, so that it squeezes naturally into the smallest corner to provide a good fiber reinforcement in your composite. That is why we decided to make this video, so that you can get an idea about how the product feels and which one fits best for your purpose. However, the best way to get a solid grasp of the material properties is to order your own sample and feel it for yourself!
- shipbuilding reinforcement
- automotive industry reinforcement
- windmill blade reinforcement
- trailers & campers reinforcement
- sport equipment reinforcement